FM 303 – Using PIPE-FLO for System Operations (4 Hours)
FM 303 develops the concept of the PIPE-FLO model as a digital twin to equip operators to understand normal operating conditions and the interdependencies of controls for their systems. Students will learn how to use the PIPE-FLO model as a valuable troubleshooting tool and virtual instrumentation as part of their processes when deviations from normal operation occur. Students work in PIPE-FLO on exercises designed to reinforce these learnings and demonstrate the use of cases hands-on.
- Gain an appreciation for how a PIPE-FLO model works as a digital twin for operations
- See how coupling measured data with a validated model can be used as virtual instrumentation
- Learn how to troubleshoot common system performance issues before they cause quality, throughput, lines-down or safety issues.
- Understand how adjustments in one area of the plant or process can affect other areas
- See how the PIPE-FLO model can safely and economically help determine procedures and settings when considering operational changes
- Gain valuable hands-on experience working with PIPE-FLO models in the class
Find Us On