FM 301 – Modeling Complex Branching Piping Systems in PIPE-FLO (4 Hours)
FM 301 teaches users how to combine the various devices they mastered in FM201 and the FM100 series classes into the more complex open path, branching piping systems and sub-systems for greater understanding of their operation and design. Students will learn the engineering principles and applications associated with these types of systems, and hands-on exercises will reinforce learning how to use PIPE-FLO to size equipment, understand system behavior and interactions under various conditions, and troubleshoot issues.
- Augment learnings from FM-201 – Modeling Simple Open Path Systems in PIPE-FLO
- Learn how to create effective models of complex branching systems
- Explore the more complex interactions of branched systems with different operating scenarios
- Understand how to identify and resolve real-world issues seen in branching systems by using a digital twin
- Gain experience working hands-on with PIPE-FLO with exercises using more complex branching systems
- Reinforce the modeling workflow for branching systems