NOTE: Please plan on accessing the course 15-30 minutes prior to the start time to allow for time to connect to the network and audio.
FM 105 equips users to utilize the capability of the powerful heat transfer devices in PIPE-FLO – the heat source/sink and the heat exchanger – along with their process control methods. Students will learn the theory and parameters associated with these devices and how to apply them to real-world situations by designing them into common applications using the hands-on virtual lab environment. Sizing for flow, temperature, and heat dissipation are all discussed and practiced.
- See how hydraulic and thermal analysis work together in PIPE-FLO
- Become familiar with fundamental concepts and standards associated with heat transfer
- Learn key design and operating parameters for heat exchangers
- Evaluate heat transfer equipment operating under various conditions and control methods
- Apply learnings through hands-on exercises