NOTE: Please plan on accessing the course 15-30 minutes prior to the start time to allow for time to connect to the network and audio.
FM 103 focuses on the critical devices that put the energy into your hydraulic models such as centrifugal pumps and fans. Students learn pump fundamentals and the parameters to size, define, and set up these devices to fully represent their real-world digital twin. This knowledge is put into practice as students define the devices and associated process control methods in their own virtual lab. Calculated results are reviewed and explained as the student gains an understanding of how their model can be used as virtual instrumentation.
- Gain hands-on experience using PIPE-FLO to model pumps and fans
- Learn required and optional data for modeling pumps and fans
- Understand how fundamental hydraulic concepts and standards associated with pumps and fans are used in system analysis
- Understand how to evaluate pump devices operating under various conditions and operating modes
- Become proficient in using tools available to size and select pumps and fans